Wednesday, March 5, 2008

They're back!


I'm not doing it this year!  I just can't afford the luxury of eating half a box of Thin Mints in one sitting, not this year.  I'm tellin' you, it is so hard to bypass those girl scouts when they're camped outside the grocery store.  I want to buy 2 boxes of Samoas, 2 boxes of Tag-alongs and 3 boxes of Thin Mints.  But, not this year.    

9 comments:

J-Dawg said...

Man, you have major willpower! I just finished eating 1 Samoa and 1 Taglong right before reading this. How ironic is that! My favorites are Samoas, Tagalongs, and Thin Mints (in that order). I will be surprised if I can make it through the rest of this week without finishing off my 4 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies.

I wish you the best in your goal. You will be better prepared for swimsuit season than I.

Marcus and Amy said...

Ok, but when you come into town don't eat mine then!

Thin mints, Samoas, Tagalongs they are all good frozen! Out of sight out of mind. Then you will only eat like 2 a day!

Plus you are supporting a good cause... the Girl Scouts of America!

Lori B. said...

I have been informed that they now have girl scout cookie ice cream. Mitchell says the Samoas ice cream is the best. I am sure this doesnt help you :)

Mike and Shelby said...

Mike brought home a box of Tagalongs last night. He had already eaten half the box and then Lauren and I each had two. Then Mike hid them (or ate them) cause we can't find them. It was a nice little treat. (I am trying to withhold too! Although those Samoas are hard to resist!)

And I agree with Lori...the ice cream is prety yummy!

Marcus and Amy said...

I don't see what the craze is about the Samoas, I mean they are good, but not eat a whole box good. Thin mints and Tagalongs are eat a whole box good!

Emily said...

I am cracking up at that clipart!! Sooo funny! I usually get a bunch of calls from my nieces...got one from a girl in the ward and only ordered 2 boxes! Gave half of the thin mints away. They are still in my freezer - Syd hasn't found them yet. : ) The Samoa's have a new name...caramel chews...or something like that. If you are having a craving for those thin mints, stop on by! he he.

Debbie said...

I am warning you now: DO NOT go by Em's house. I did not (and will not) by GS cookies in order to resist the temptation - I really could sit and eat an entire box (doesn't 1 box = a serving?!?!?). I was being so good until I went by to drop of Syd - Em comes running out with an entire sleeve of stinkin' thin mints! DANG HER! In an effort of pay back I tried to pawn off most of them on her kid (right before dinner mind you - hehehehe). Tag-Alongs and Thin Mints are my faves - I go back and forth about which is in first place. I do have to say that those thin mints were mighty tastey this year...yum.

Debbie said...

And yes - I do know that it should be "buy" GS cookies and not "by" - sorry for the type-o. I will try and proof read better next time. ;-}

carrie said...

This is hilarious Nicki! I have to admit, I've already given in and ordered some directly from a girl scout. And I've beat you---I think I've eaten close to a whole box in one sitting. Don't tell anyone.