Cory's family has this wonderful tradition of going camping every May in Yosemite... and we can't go this year! I feel like a 2 year old throwing a fit over it! It's that time of year when everyone else is pulling out the camping gear and it got me thinking about what we are going to miss this year! I love Yosemite! The beauty there truly is a gift from God. My affection for Yosemite actually goes back long before I even met Cory. When I was 17, I took an incredible week long backpack trip through Yosemite with some of my girlfriends from church. Everyday we were in different terrain; forest, mountain, glacier, meadow, waterfalls, lakes, etc. Yosemite has so many incredible variants. I'll never forget that experience! So, going to Yosemite every year has been one of the many highlights of being part of Cory's family! But, not this year... maybe next!
9 comments:
I guess you will just have to come and go to the cabin with us this summer then. You tell us when you want to go and Marc and I will see if its avaliable and we will plan it and go!
Why aren't you guys going this year? Those pictures are so beautiful. I've never been, but can't wait to go one day.
Oh, that is so sad! I know how much you look forward to those camping trips. Hope you can go next year!
That's crap! Why can't you go? Is it that darn husband of yours again? Working? Who does he think he is? It's always sad when you miss out on something you know you'll love. Very cute pictures.
There's a couple different reasons why we can't go to Yosemite this year. It just wasn't in the cards, I guess!
Yosemite looks awesome. Tara and I have never been.
You guys didn't miss much because we left after 2 days of pouring rain this year.
So sorry you didn't make it this year! Maybe later on in the summer? Or autumn when the leaves turn!
Carol
I also went backpacking through yosemite (twice). and hiked up half dome (twice). It is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Post a Comment