Finally! These two love birds have been dating for 5 years and I thought this day would never come! On Thursday, May 1st Cory's brother Casey took his bride, Maryanne, to the Los Angeles LDS temple to be sealed for time and all eternity.
I really have to hand it to Casey and Maryanne for some good wedding planning! They were married in the temple on Thursday, then my in-laws provided a lovely wedding dinner for immediate family members at the Castaway restaurant in the hills of Burbank. It was just exquisite. Then Saturday was the reception at a beautiful place in Santa Ana. They started with a small ring ceremony, since Maryanne is the only member of the LDS church in her family. Maggie got to walk down the isle as a flowergirl. Then there were hor' doerves, a nice sit down dinner, dancing and a cute slide show.
It really was a weekend full of wedding festivities and it was fun to have it all spread out over the course of 2 days rather than cramming it into one. There was never any rush and each event was relaxing and thoroughly enjoyed, especially the time spent at the temple. I think Casey and Maryanne had all the details planned out in their heads (heaven knows they had plenty of time to think of them all) and everything turned out to be really nice touches to their wedding. Everyone wore white at their temple sealing. Casey's brothers and dad and father-in-law all wore ivory tuxes for pictures outside the temple. We all thought it would look hideous, but Casey insisted everyone would look "pimp". Well, he was right... it actually looked quite nice. Since Maryanne is Filipino, it is traditional for all the men (and boys) in the wedding party to wear a lightweight embroidered formal shirt called a barong. I have to admit that Grant and Cory looked pretty good in theirs at the reception. They gave the baker of their wedding cake the recipe for red velvet cake, which is Casey's favorite flavor of cake. It was yummy! And finally, one of the best touches of all, Casey set up his Xbox on a huge screen for the guys to play. The whole thing was definitely something they could call their own! Maryanne has a very nice family, very sweet parents and we are so glad she is finally officially part of our family. Now they're in Fiji on their honeymoon... LUCKY!!


5 comments:
Look how beautiful the bride is! Wow. All of you look good. Maggie's dress is so nice too. She'll now be the best dressed sunbeam in church with all her wedding dresses.
It looks like it was a beautiful wedding! Congrats to them! You guys all looked great too. Grant is too cute - mom told us about the toast!
Nice blog. I finally found it. Tara will be checking this out frequently I am sure. I am trying to get her to take over my blog with no success. Cute family by the way.
I had some catching up to do on your blog because I forgot to change your url address ... i've missed you!
the pictures from the wedding look great and looks like you and the kids had fun! cory does look "pimp" in the ivory tux! :)
She looks like a lovely girl. Glad you had a fun-filled party weekend. I love the Grant "cheers" story
Post a Comment