Monday, October 6, 2008

TWO!

Oh!  The joy of this boy!  Grant had a birthday this past weekend and I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with joy as I considered what a blessing it has been to have this sweet 2 year old in our lives!  Here are my TWO favorite things about Grant: 

1.  This boy is a lover!  Some say he really is a "mama's boy" and while I admit I do get the majority of his loves, he really is quite friendly with friends, family and even strangers.  My favorite is his kisses and after I tell him I love him, he says, "La you, mom!"  

2.  He is all things BOY!  I know I've said it before, but I truly get so much joy from watching him enjoy boy things.  He has a total obsession with cars!  He loves to be outdoors, find sticks for weapons, point out every truck we see, imitate pirates, grunt, pet dogs and eat pizza!  I could sit and stare at him all day in awe!  He is totally entertaining to me as he enjoys his little boy life!  

Here's some recent pictures of our little boy wonder... all grown up!  

Playing with cars, of course!

All grown up in Daddy's shoes!

Enjoying the great outdoors. 

Eating lunch at the new picnic table grandma gave us!

What a blessing!  
Thanks for being in our family, Grant!  
We love you!

6 comments:

Lori B. said...

Nicki, Grant looks just like Mitchell when he was that age, even more so than Cade does!

DEB STEFFGEN said...

Love him love him love him! Thanks for a way fun weekend! Grandma Deb

Mike and Shelby said...

you forgot the number three reason why you should love him...

just look how stinkin cute he is!!!

I agree with Lori too-he does look a bit like Mitchell.

Alison said...

They are so cute, I can't wait to see what #3 will be like!

Marcus and Amy said...

Super cute! I can't wait to see you guys in November!

Whitney said...

He is darling. Happy Birthday, Grant!