Oh Jewish holidays are the best... because here in California we get the day off from school! So, hopefully the Jews were observing their traditions but we filled the day up with fun activities! About a month ago, a new water park opened up near our home that I've been taking Grant to after I drop Maggie off at school. Maggie's been asking to go, so what better day than Yom Kippur! It's still hot here, so it was a great way to beat the heat!
We invited the cousins to come too and all the kids had a great time!
Maggie kept telling Zoey that she can play in the water next year!
Aunt Jana called and invited us to meet them at the beach, so we thought we'd try our luck there. My cousins always take my kids in the water, thank goodness so I don't have to!
I love this picture of Maggie hanging out with cousin Becca. My kids ADORE my cousins because they are so good to them!
Unfortunately, about an hour after we got to the beach, it turned overcast and got colder and colder so we had to go but it was still fun to be with them!
Happy Yom Kippur!
7 comments:
It's supposed to snow here tomorrow night....wish we could celebrate our Jewish holidays playing in the sun and water! :)
I love that second picture with Grant running through the water hands up. He was totally into it!
Happy Yom Kippur to you too. We wish we were there.
Yes, it is 48 degrees and raining here right now. But to be honest, I am glad for the cooler weather, its a little bit of a relief for a while. Its been HOT! I may wish it was warmer again though when November/December hits!
Looks like it was a fun day - cute pictures!
Stupid Utah Yom Kippur. We didn't do anything fun. I'm glad you guys had a fun day. Shalom!
I wonder what Grant was thinking, in that picture where you caught him staring!
Love Grant, picture #2 ---Sheer JOY...Oh that's my BOY! Love, Mom
Great way to make the day an event!
Post a Comment