Friday, July 30, 2010

Mid-summer progress update

I don't mean to be a noblog... but I've been horrible at taking pictures this summer! What is my problem? I'm usually so good at grabbing the camera before we run out the door, but I've found myself in the dilemma of wishing I had my camera with me while my children are performing a camera worthy moment more often than I'd like to admit!!

We are making great progress on checking things off our Summer to-do list. We've been to the beach almost every week this summer! I learned how to make apricot jam from my visiting teacher and then got brave enough to make plumberry jam with my friend Tera and Strawberry jam with Julianna. I'm hoping to make peach before the summer ends, anyone want to join me?

We've gone to the library for their Summer Reading program a couple of times, and took advantage of a free movie this week. We've seen 2 fireworks shows, had a couple of playdates, attended a few birthday parties, got through 2 weeks of swim lessons and explored a new, awesome park. Wow... I suck at taking pictures. Really, really suck! I'm ashamed of myself!

Well, one thing is for sure is that we have kept busy! (Too busy to remember the camera?) It's been nice to have a kick-back, lazy day every once in awhile.



On a side note, somebody is getting freckles this summer!

We've got some fun things planned for August, so hopefully I can do better with the camera next month!

5 comments:

Lori B. said...

August yeah! Yer comin' ta Utah! :)

Marcus and Amy said...

Maggie is really growing up and changing! That bottom picture looks like you! And Zoey's hair is getting long!

Looks like you guys have been having a fun fun summer!

DEB STEFFGEN said...

THOSE BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN!

Mike and Shelby said...

I've noticed a few freckles on Lauren and Brooke this summer too.

And I found a "Low Sugar Freezer Jam" kit! I was SO excited! I bought a bunch of yummy peaches at the Farmers Market to make Peach Freezer Jam.

I have been great at taking pictures, I just suck at downloading, editing and posting them!

And I love the occasional lazy day too.

The Starr Family said...

You are not alone on the no camera thing - and I suck at remembering my camera and to take the pics as well! Boy, you've done a lot of fun things this summer though!