Uh oh.
Somebody wasn't too happy that the summer has ended...
Maggie was a little teary on the first day of school. It's a tough transition to go from Kindergarten to First grade. It broke my heart to see her hiding her tears as I left her to take on the first day of school. Now that she's been in school for a week, I am so proud of what she's accomplished to get past her fears. She's full steam ahead! She's happy to have a "girl teacher" this year and is already making new friends!
Come on, Maggie! This is exciting! You get your own desk this year! It'll be so much fun!
I'm so proud of you, Maggie!
6 comments:
Oh that would have broken my heart to see too! I can remember all the nerves of starting a new school year and always wanting mom or dad to walk me to my new class.
But dad always gave the best fathers blessings for the new school year!
Oh sad! I haven't even asked who her teacher is! We should talk :)
Mags, I'll share a secret with ya--I always cried when my girls went back to school---every new school year. It's just tough for all of us until we get adjusted. Hang in there, it will get better, You sounded so excited when I talked to you on the phone. Yeah first grade!!! Love, Grandma Deb
Oh my heavens. Poor girl! Being a kid is tough! But tell her I'll trade her if she's up for it. I will even throw in the new car.
I am glad she is loving it now though. Such a sad face on that first picture!
Oh, she is so cute... How could you leave that little dumplin'???
Post a Comment