We took one last shot at summer by heading to the beach on Labor Day. Seriously, is there any better way to send summer off? It was a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L day! I had some family in town, so we met up with them and it was such a fun time! I LOVE being with my family! Love you family! XOXO
Zoey loves the beach!
Grant loves the beach! Look at that tan line!
Maggie loves the beach!
Cory took matters into his own hands and headed out into the ocean with Grant, boogie board in hand!
Teaching Grant how to boogie board...
He really got the hang of it!
So the thing is... my aunt Jana makes yummy frosted brownies and she brought them all the time to the beach last year, but kept putting it off this year... until the last day! I know it sounds weird to bring frosted brownies to the beach, not your typical beach food, but so delish!
Cousins: Ali and Reiley, our most recent RM's.
Zoey loving the attention from Aunt Lori. Cousin Jillian catching some rays.
My girly cousins!
Sand sculpture of the day: a genie coming out of a lamp. Good work, Uncle Randy!
And just for the record... I went out into the ocean for the very first time! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!? I conquered my fear of maneuvering powerful waves... and sharks... and joined my aunts, sister in law and cousins for some boogie boarding. SO. MUCH. FUN! Seriously, why didn't I do this years ago? Next year... you and me, Grant... in the water!
6 comments:
Looks like it was a fun day!
You never go out into the water? That is just silly...sharks? Really, you probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightning.
SO long summer....hello FALL!
The ocean is awesome! I love it. I'm glad you loved it.
Hey, wanna hear something weird? My very good friends from my childhood and forever posted the same picture of that sand sculpture and had pictures of your Aunt with them and posted them on facebook. It's the Ferrins - you must have spent the day with them? They are like family to us. Small world, huh?
Yes, again Nicki, I am so proud of you getting in the water. I wanna come back and do it all over again. it was such a great weekend!
You rocked those waves, Nicki! And Grant was BORN to boogie board. SO MUCH FUN!
Awww, that was so much fun. Pretty much the best day ever. It's so nice to see you every once and awhile.
These are such cool sand sculptures! And good for you taking the plunge!!!
Post a Comment